Monday, February 24, 2020

Edible Art

    Happy Monday peoples!!!

    Now I know that Monday’s tend to be the least of everyone’s favorite days of the week, but I hope that I can help make things a bit better. You want to to know what makes me super happy in the mornings of everyday of the week? A nice big mug of hot coffee! A yes Coffee/caffeine just has that way of making everything better!
    So today I want to tell you about the other fun adventure I experienced this year! Chinese pork buns! Yes. So let me start from the beginning! I went to a friend of mine’s birthday party at a Chinese restaurant that served pork buns. I didn’t think much of it and then after eating this I’m like “This is pretty good!” A few days later I’m like “I really want another pork bun, but without the pork!”
    I hopped online and I found this video where this guy was making them and I’m like ok I can do this. I had pretty much everything except the steamer. What was recommended to use was a bamboo steamer. It looks like this:
    I have no such thing therefore I used an instant pot steamer. After a lot of research online I discovered a good way to cook my "beef" buns. I had planned on showing pictures of my creations, but they have mysteriously vanished. I'm bummed, but they turned out delicious. 
    Basically I made dough. Then I took some hamburger and mixed seasonings into it. Then after shaping the dough into circle shapes I placed the meat into the dough. Next I twisted the top closed, I put parchment paper under them, placed them in the instant pot, and cooked them for 3 min. 
    The taste wasn't bad. It wasn't great either! They needed to be improved, but the weren't without hope. I cooked them in two rounds. I added a little bbq sauce to the second round which improved the flavor more. 
    I might try a veggie bun next time. I'll be sure not to misplace the pictures when I do.
Have you guys ever cooked these before? If so let me know. If you have any suggestions I would love to learn about them.

I hope you had a great Monday!
Addyson 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Artsy

   So..... How have y'all been?  I hope everyone has been doing well and not going to crazy with quarantine and all. Now I'm not mak...