Monday, February 10, 2020

Shen Whaaaat!!!,

Welcome back!

    So here I am posting on a Monday just like I said! This is equivalent to watering a plant when you are suppose to! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Let’s not get carried away it’s only week one!
    So last week I told you that a couple cool things happened this year. Let's get into the first one.

    Thing one: Shen Yun! For those of you who aren’t familiar with this, it is a theatrical play that involves Classical Chinese dance.
    I have always wanted to go to this play and I was finally able to go  this year. I went with my mom and she also enjoyed it!
    It was an amazing performance! The outfits were beautiful, colorful, and had flow! The dancing was mind blowing! Even the technology was unbelievable! Let's talk about that.
    There were moments where they were on the stage and then someone would jump behind the stage and be flying away on the screen! Sometimes they would touch the screen and an object would appear in their hand. Sometimes they would be writing on the screen with their finger and words would appear on the screen. It was magical๐Ÿง™‍♂️ and very well put together.
    I was impressed by the dancing. The level of flexibility that the dancers had was incredible. We're talking splits, leaps, backbends, tumbling, spinning at high speeds๐Ÿฅด, and more!!!
    I think the stories were my favorite. An introduction was given at the beginning of each of the performances, but after the intro not a word was spoken. I could understand exactly what was going on. There was lots of laughing and I even got misty eyed a couple of times.
    There wasn't just dancing, they had two singers and a young lady played an ErHu. Basically it's a two string fiddle. She played beautifully.
    Being able to attend this performance was really amazing and inspiring. I would 100% recommend it.
     Pictures were not permitted which is understandable, but I did get this poster in the end:



   It was worth it. I hope you guys enjoyed my description of Shen Yun. If you guys want to read more about this play here is the link to their website: Shen Yun Website
    Have any of you ever seen this performance, what did you think of it?
    Have a wonderful week!

- Addyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Artsy

   So..... How have y'all been?  I hope everyone has been doing well and not going to crazy with quarantine and all. Now I'm not mak...